I have a question for the moms out there, most likely with a child with special needs...
If you have a non-walking toddler child and an infant, how do you handle them both at the same time? Stroller? Sling? By being MEGAMOM and carrying BOTH children?
When I have my friend's infant daughter, I put her in the Baby K'tan and walk Ethan one-handed with my other available hand. The other day when we were at his prior school, he was not as cooperative with this and it was more difficult. If I had to carry him, I could have, but I didn't want to. But, it got me thinking about the older kids out there that don't walk at all. What do those parents do? If Ethan weren't walking, I would probably still put the baby in the sling and put Ethan in the stroller. That seems easiest. How about you?
Friday, October 23, 2009
Random Question
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Faulkner Woodworks on Facebook!
Networked Blog Followers
Search This Blog
My Recommended Reads
Totally Cool People!
Live Feed
Wanna Learn Something?
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(238)
-
▼
October
(35)
- People First Language - A Reminder
- Triad Flight of Honor
- A Birthday Wish
- BONK!
- Confession
- More Seizure Talk
- Down Syndrome & Leukemia Article
- Parenting.com
- Make A Wish Reunion @ Carowinds
- Pray for Polly
- Random Question
- Friends
- SPD & Nail Trimming
- Pray for Noah
- Welcome to Holland
- Ethan's New School Pic
- Monster Mash!
- Treasuring a Quiet Moment of Motherhood
- Happy Anniversary to US!
- Happy 10th Anniversary, Chris & Theresa!
- Reece's Rainbow
- Taxes are done man!
- He IS such a sweet boy!
- Fair Pics
- BUSY weekend
- Buddy Walk 2009
- Still Grieving?
- One year ago today,
- Behavior con't
- Bad Behavior
- Repost: A Baby Is A Baby First
- Jealousy
- Reflections Project
- Reposting: Online Hate Speech
- 31 for 21 - October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month
-
▼
October
(35)
All Rights Reserved ~ Copyright 2005-2011
USE COMMON SENSE: ANY REPRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY FAULKNERFAM CONTENT IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.








Ugh. I don't have to deal w/this yet, but I will soon enough. I suppose the new baby will be in his/her infant carrier (in the stroller) for quite some time, and I can just use my double stroller and put Benjamin in it, too. Then Andrew can walk. Thankfully. LOL Because if I had to deal w/three that couldn't, I'd have to hire help.
ReplyDeleteOr I will take the single stroller for Benjamin and wear the new baby in my Hotsling if it's a time that's good for that.
Honestly, I don't forsee it being easy for quite some time.
The thing that worries me the most isn't getting out and about in public. It's going up and down the 16 stairs over and over each and every day. Because even after Benjamin can walk well, stairs are a whole other monster.
Wondering this myself! I have two walkers now but if and it's a small if, we have a fourth and Bennett is not walking I don't know how I would take Harper to the preschool I want to take her to- there's stairs- there's just no way!
ReplyDeleteSit and stand stroller!!!!!! It was a GODSEND when Alyssa was born (still is actually). I have to say that I did all of the above before Alyssa was a walker. The sling was great until she was old enough to want some independence, now we do other things. It can be done and you kind of just do what you need to as they both get older and change. :)
ReplyDeleteI have a double stroller that we call the Mobile Command Unit - MCU. I just can't help Sophie walk AND push/hold Helena AND watch Alexander, especially in parking lots. On days when Mark has to be at work early (a minimum of Tues & Thurs), I load all 3 kids, drive to preschool, unload the 2 youngest in the MCU, hold Alexander's hand, go in the building to get him set up for preschool, return to the car with the 2 girls, load them and return the MCU to the back of the van, drive home and unload the girls one at a time. 3 hours later I repeat this to pick him up. I've decided to view it as exercise and weight lifting.
ReplyDelete---Jen
I love that our conversations make it on your blog. :) LOL Thank goodness for double strollers. I think it will become my best friend in a few months.
ReplyDelete