Today was a DO NOTHING DAY, except go to church. Ok, that's not entirely true...Scott took Delaney to the Wake Forest Women's Soccer game since she has just started playing this year. I am told that she had a good time.
While Scott and Delaney were at the game, Ethan and I stayed home. It was too cold to take Ethan out, especially because he has been trying to catch a cold. So, we had lunch, played a while, and then we laid down for a nap.
One thing that I used to say when Ethan was younger was that I was lucky that I get to have my baby longer. I am still lucky that Ethan is my snuggler for a nap. I have learned that I can ignore the dishes that need to be done or the floor that needs to be mopped if I can have my snuggle time with my son. It makes my heart smile knowing that he is with me and happy to be there. Even better is the sweet smile that he gives right before he falls asleep and it's even there when he wakes up. It's almost like he is saying, "I love you for being here with me".
Ok, now I am crying...I have so much love for this child of ours that I am crying.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Treasuring a Quiet Moment of Motherhood
at
10:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








And that even makes me misty. Sweet child...
ReplyDeleteI love the cuddlebugs. Max is very cuddly. I have thought the same-- he will do this longer and I am SO lucky. Naps though- that's a different story!
ReplyDelete