Saturday, May 19, 2012

Spoke TOO Soon

Ethan and I are supposed to be on a plane right now headed for Dallas, Texas.  I have limited information except this:

Baylor:  I just spoke to the financial guy at North Carolina MC…it does not look like they will agree to the contract. He is sending me how North Carolina reimburses and then I am going to have to have my financial people look at it…I am sorry but he will not be able to admit on Monday…we are going to have to look through this to determine if we can take him.
Me:  I left you a voicemail.  Absolutely can't happen?  I have to cancel flights.
Baylor:  There is no way to get this done by Monday. I did talk with my administrator just now and I am going to forward the information over to her…she is not sure that Baylor will even consider what they are offering…I will keep you posted! So sorry!
So there you have it.  Hope dangled in our faces to be ripped from us at the last minute.  I cannot even begin to explain what I have been feeling, but it ranges from devastation to rage.

Finished Project

My baby sister got married back in September 2011 and is now she and her hubby are expecting their first child- a daughter, in August!  I finished this photo book a while ago, but I have been waiting for an awesome Shutterfly promo to come through.  It took a while for what I needed, but it is finally ordered and I cannot wait to have it here in my home. 

Turn your favorite photos into a photo book at Shutterfly.com.



Take a peek if you like!
xoxo

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We're a GO for Baylor!

So, I now realize that I have been updating my Facebook status over this blog- oopsie.  The last I posted about Baylor was that they were not going to be able to accept Ethan's insurance.  Well, I was literally looking up Baylor administration contacts when I got the call from the Program Director that they COULD accept Ethan's insurance!  Phew, what a roller coaster!

I already knew that the waiting list was likely into summer which would work out really well for us.  We were called with an admission date of May 21st.  We still needed official authorization from insurance, but we have moved forward with the assumption that everything would be approved. 

Up until this morning, I still didn't know if we were actually going to get on the plane Saturday.  Thankfully, I got the call that all is good and we are set to go! 

Ladies and gents, this will be where Ethan and I will be relocating to for the next five weeks:

Our Children's House @ Baylor   


We are flying, courtesy of Mercy Medical Airlift and donated flyer miles, to Dallas on Saturday and will stay with friends until check-in on Monday.  I will need to make a major Wal-Mart run to stock up on some food to keep in my room. 

The program is 4-5 weeks, BUT because of where Ethan is we are already anticipating the full 5 weeks.  After the program ends, Ethan and I are planning on driving down to Houston to spend some time with one of my besties and her family.

This is going to be a very difficult process for all of us- Ethan because this is going to be HARD work and he is not going to know what is going on initially; Me because I will be watching Ethan struggle and as his Momma, that is going to crush me, but I know we have to give this our all!; Scott because his family is leaving him for 6 weeks and I won't be here to cook for him, HA; And, all of us because we will be apart.  This will be TOUGH.  Your prayers and good thoughts are very much appreciated.

So, that's it I think.  I will update progress here.