Ethan is going to be spending lots of time in a corner if he doesn't get a grip on his behavior! Yesterday, he slapped Mary across the face and she said that it was hard! He wants to try and pinch or pull at Baby Loren. He will pull at clothing on other people. He will throw his food. Ugh.
Rrrriing, rrriing...hello, frustration calling!
I think that this is a combination of things, primarily fatigue. He hasn't been sleeping very well the past few nights. Combine that with the jealousy of the baby and I have a non-verbal child who is going to act out because he is not able to communicate properly how he really feels.
I feel bad for him, I do. I just wish that I could climb in his head and understand what he needs. He had "silent" lunch at school today. That breaks my heart, but it is necessary because Ethan thrives off of the social aspect of being at school. He does his work because he knows that he will get to see his friends. Since he could care less about TV or any game in particular, we have had to take his friends away because that means something to him.
Tough love sucks.
He's such a sweet boy, I don't want him labeled as behavioral. I think I also need to remind myself that we all have bad days and I can say "leave me alone" or "not today", he is not able to right now.
Tomorrow is the field trip to the fair...I guess I need to double-up on my patience pill!
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Bad Behavior
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Faulkner Woodworks on Facebook!
Networked Blog Followers
Search This Blog
My Recommended Reads
Totally Cool People!
Live Feed
Wanna Learn Something?
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(238)
-
▼
October
(35)
- People First Language - A Reminder
- Triad Flight of Honor
- A Birthday Wish
- BONK!
- Confession
- More Seizure Talk
- Down Syndrome & Leukemia Article
- Parenting.com
- Make A Wish Reunion @ Carowinds
- Pray for Polly
- Random Question
- Friends
- SPD & Nail Trimming
- Pray for Noah
- Welcome to Holland
- Ethan's New School Pic
- Monster Mash!
- Treasuring a Quiet Moment of Motherhood
- Happy Anniversary to US!
- Happy 10th Anniversary, Chris & Theresa!
- Reece's Rainbow
- Taxes are done man!
- He IS such a sweet boy!
- Fair Pics
- BUSY weekend
- Buddy Walk 2009
- Still Grieving?
- One year ago today,
- Behavior con't
- Bad Behavior
- Repost: A Baby Is A Baby First
- Jealousy
- Reflections Project
- Reposting: Online Hate Speech
- 31 for 21 - October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month
-
▼
October
(35)
All Rights Reserved ~ Copyright 2005-2011
USE COMMON SENSE: ANY REPRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY FAULKNERFAM CONTENT IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR.








He's a sweet boy. Give him a hug from us. Praying for patience and understanding.
ReplyDeleteOh, oh, that "in the corner" shot tugs at my heart. I put my boys there but they always peek around and give me the sad eyes. Training and discipline is so hard.
ReplyDeleteWe have had to take our kids' friends away at times too! Don't feel bad. I know it sucks, but we have to do what we have to do. We only want what's best for our kids. We can't be their friends, we have to be their parents.
ReplyDeletekeep up the good work. Miss you!
Kristan...you are amazing! Being Etahn's mom means that you are going to have to stand your ground whether it be in his defense as his advocate or giving him the discipline that he needs to help him get along in this world. I REALLY miss you, Ethan, Kenny, David, Mary and Sylvia! Please give everyone a big hug for me! I know that Kenny and David have gone to other schools, but I think about them often! I have got to get my family back to church, so at least I can see you and Ethan. Olivia, the girl that I am shadowing, has visited ROCC, but we were out of town the weekend they went. I hope to be there soon with her and see you all again!
ReplyDeleteLisa :o)
PS...I'm sure you remember that, last year at this time you were on your way to Africa!!
oh no, poor naughty baby!
ReplyDeleteKristen,
ReplyDeleteI SO share your frustration...I think that's part of being a parent, and you're being a great one! BUT, being Ethan's former physical therapist and knowing him when he couldn't, I think it's GREAT that he can stand in the corner! :o) Love the picture!
Enjoy the fair, the baby, AND Ethan!
Bless you all,
Denise
Do you think that it might be the autism component that's causing all this? Honestly, I've found that a lot kids with autism don't respond to traditional disciplinary techniques. They need a different approach.
ReplyDelete