Monday, October 27, 2008

Swallow Study



Ethan had his follow-up modified swallow study this morning. This was to see if he had any improvement since finishing up his second round of Vitalstim therapy. There was some improvement- not a terrible amount, but some. He is also still swallowing about 2 seconds too late, so there is still a definite need and purpose to thickening his food/drink.

One step at a time...

OH, speaking of steps...Ethan took close to FIFTEEN independent steps!!! I had just taken him back to school after the study and it was time for PE. He was all happy as we were walking, so I let go of his hand and he just kept going!!! Stood tall and straight and away he was going! I about cried. Ok, I did cry, but it was a very HAPPY cry. He was so proud of himself, you could tell. Just wait until after his detethering! LOOK OUT!!! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Awww 15?!!! That is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Ethan!!!! One step at a time! Pretty soon you'll be off and running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!! WTG Ethan! I'm so happy for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome. I'm so happy for you! You sound so happy and rejuvenated after your Africa trip, what a great feeling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:17 AM

    OMG I am just seeing this! WOO HOO Ethan!!! I can't wait to see him go after that surgery. We are all going to have to get out of the way. =)

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺