Friday, October 17, 2008

HAPPY 10th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!





Ten years ago today, Scott and I were married in front of over 200 of our family and friends. My dad walked me down the aisle. My mom and mother-in-law wore similar dresses, and yet so different. But, the best part was my fiance dressed in his tuxedo, soccer cufflinks, and Adidas tennis shoes meeting me at the altar. I could see the emotion in his face. He was trying to not cry. Then, my dad gave me away.

Our ceremony was not very long, but it seemed like an eternity because my bouquet had an extra DOZEN roses in it! That thing was heavy! But, it sure was beautiful. Pastor Maynard Mininger officiated. I am not sure if he officiated over any other weddings before he was killed in an auto accident by a drunk driver a couple years later (DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE!!!).

Our music was to the soundtrack of my most favorite movie of all time... THE PRINCESS BRIDE. (Mawage is what bwings us here togever tovay...do you have va wings?) My friend, Debbie Iversen sang a song by Dime Store Prophets while we lit the candles.

Pastor Mininger told Scott that I was the Queen- that's right. I even have it on video. HA! Our vows were standard, but Scott choked up when he said "Til death do us part". I, being the stone cold hearted person that I am, did not cry. (Dripping sarcasm there...it was very odd that I didn't cry)

I was SO hot. Not hot like sexy hot, but hot as in AFRICA hot! My makeup melted. My curls fell. I did not bring fixer up make-up, nor did I bring a curling iron. So, our pictures are not the most beautiful. People said that I was so happy that I was glowing. Um, thanks but no...I was melting!!!

Our reception was very laid back. It was held at my manager's home in her backyard. She has a beautiful home and even had a heart shaped bush in the backyard. I smashed the cake up Scott's nose- something to this day he vows to seek revenge upon. He won't do that to me. ;-)

We enjoyed our time with those we love. My cousin, Tara, caught the bouquet. And, come to think of it- I don't remember doing the garter. Hmmm...I don't remember why we didn't do the garter.

We went home, found that our bridal party thought that it would be hilarious to short sheet our bed (simply tucking in the sheets at the top of the bed instead of bottom). We didn't care- Scott can't stand tucked sheets anyway. We actually were sitting on the sofa watching the Pretender when we heard someone at our gate. It was our friends, Elvira & Brian, dropping off their gift. They did not want to disturb us. LOL! Right- we're watching TV. Come on in!

After they left, we had to be sure to have our bags packed. We left for Hawaii at 4 am the next morning!!!

~For Scott~
Happy Anniversary my love. Thank you for being an amazing husband and father. We have definitely had our share of challenges thrown at us over the past ten years, but we weather the storm and conquer. Thank you for the sacrifices that you make everyday for your family. I wish that I was with you now- instead, I am getting ready to board a plane for a very long trip home to you. Get ready for a welcome home to ME smooch. ;-) I love you. Never forget that or lose faith. We will conquer. Here's to another TEN!!!

2 comments:

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺