
Scott and I had went back and forth on whether or not we wanted to know the sex of the baby. So, when we went in for our second u/s, the doctor asks us if we want to know. I asked the doctor how sure he was. He said, "100%". "Ok, tell me!" I couldn't take it. I had to know. It's a boy. I knew it. I knew he was a boy. But, Scott's brothers have girls, so I didn't think that it was possible for a Faulkner to have a boy! And, my sister only had boys at the time, so one of the grandparents was going to be getting a first. You should have seen Scott's face when the doctor said the baby was a boy- I think that every man looks forward to having a son and you could see it in his face how excited he was then. Scott's mom was elated while I think my mom was disappointed he wasn't a girl.
I didn't start showing until I was close to 7 months pregnant, and then it was WOW! There's a belly there! I guess that's because I already had a belly to begin with. I joke that I loved my pregnant belly because it was the firmest my stomach had been in years! :) I had a wonderful pregnancy- just some sciatica issues, but Ethan was very kind to me. He didn't beat my ribs up keep me up at night. The only thing that Ethan did to annoy me was have hiccups constantly.
I remember when Theresa was pregnant with Madison, she would tell me that Madison had the hiccups. I asked how she knew and Theresa responded with, "You'll know". So true. Ethan had them every day.
Hindsight is 20/20 you know...Ethan really wasn't an active baby in utero. But, I didn't know any different since he was my first. He moved every so often and had the hiccups- I just thought that he was running out of room in there.
My doctor took me out of work three weeks before my due date of May 29th. My blood pressure was starting to elevate and only coming down by laying down on my side. I was ordered to take it easy. I am sure that the part about me nesting and rearranging my entire living room was not part of taking it easy. I moved an entire entertainment center, 36 inch TV, sofa, and recliner by myself. My sister-in-law was going to help me after she picked up my niece from school, but I was just too dang impatient. Yes, she yelled at me later for that. But, my living room looked SO much better and ready for Ethan's arrival.
***To Be Continued...***
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Ethan's Story, Part IV
at
8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







You say that hindsight is 20/20 but you just described BOTH of my pregnancies. I think Ethan was just kind and loved his momma from the very beginning. Good boy!!! Can't wait to hear the rest!
ReplyDelete