Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thank You Card Etiquette

I recently sent off a bunch of pre-printed thank you cards that I had printed from Shutterfly.  It came to me today that some people may think that the thank you was impersonal because it was pre-printed.  Since I have lived in the South, I have noticed that people around here take their thank you card's seriously!  If you went to a wedding and brought a gift, you better be seeing that thank you card in the mail the week after the honeymoon, or else you are an ungrateful receiver!  I have always had good intentions about sending thank you card's, but they usually end up on the dining table- some even addressed and only needing a stamp!

I was NOT going to let everyone who contributed to our Christmas go without a thank you of some kind.  I put pictures of Ethan on Christmas Day on the front and inside, along with a personal note.  The personal note is what was printed from the company.  This is what I fear people will feel is impersonal because it wasn't handwritten.  I hope this isn't the case, but it was on my mind because I don't talk about my RA {rheumatoid arthritis} much.  Anywho, I cannot handwrite anything- without pain- beyond a post-it note.  I wish that I could personally write out every note, but my hands simply won't let me.  And, that's why I have to count on the wonderful new technology of pre-printed thank you notes.

5 comments:

  1. We loved ours! I think you might be thinking this one a bit much! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy4:02 PM

    My YellowHair...I loved mine and was quite surprized to get it last nite. I loved Ethan's excitement! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. You worry too much. Card is great. It's on the fridge!

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺