Scott, Ethan, and I went up to Mount Airy yesterday to check out the downtown district. Scott is hoping to find a shop that will carry his items for sale. Mt. Airy is known for being home to Mayberry- you know, Andy Griffith and Ron Howard (Opie)? Lots of tourists come through the town just to visit Mayberry. I find this very humorous. Oh well, it's still a nice town that may just have the tourist market for Scott's rustic items.
We went into the Main Oak Emporium at the suggestion of a friend. Three stories of fun items. I loved the set up. It just didn't have the feel of what we are looking for when it comes to selling Scott's stuff. PLUS, they are very expensive to lease from.
Anywho, on the 2nd floor, there was a booth with framed pictures and there were a few that caught my eye...
Mariposa 

This one because we always see or hear Fresno daily. Yesterday was no exception...not sure if you can see it or not (it's in blue in the lower left hand corner).

Another Fresno picture
This one is for Christine. Her family just brought a little boy from Ukraine into their lives by way of adoption. These pictures are really hard to see, but they are from Reedley.

And for those of you wondering what these places are...they are all California towns.
* Mariposa is my hometown
* Fresno is a city an hour from Merced, the city we used to live before moving to NC
* Reedley is city in Fresno County where the beautiful Reed Family lives.
I didn't see any Atwater/Merced/Livingston signs. We looked. There was also one from Exeter, but we didn't have a direct affiliation with that town, so I didn't take the picture.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Pictures from home
at
6:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Ahhh, thank you. But now we don't live in Reedley anymore. But thanks for thinking of me. :)
ReplyDeleteAw man, Christine! I thought that I was doing good!
ReplyDelete