Thursday, August 07, 2008

Date night

Scott's birthday was Sunday, but we weren't able to do anything. I wanted to take him to see The Dark Knight, but we couldn't find a sitter, so we napped instead (which he needed because he had been working close to 12 hour days). Well my friend, Theresa, said that she would watch Ethan last night so we could go see the movie. YAY!

So, I purchased the tickets online- paid the extra $.50 per ticket for the "convenience". I have done this before, walked in with my confirmation and proceeded to the snack bar without any hesitation or problem. Not last night- oh no. That would be TOO easy for a couple who NEVER gets date night.

We walk up to the "ticketmaster", give her the confirmation and she proceeds to have a blank look on her face- she does not know what to do with it. Ok, she's new. No problem. The "manager with a broom" comes over and proceeds to tell us that we have to go over to a kiosk and put in the confirmation number in order to get our tickets. All while the people that did not pay the extra buck, for the convenience at home, have already stood in line outside, got their ticket, and proceeded to the snack bar.

Tell me where the convenience was in that? I called the manager with a broom back over to ask for a dollar voucher to the snack bar. No- sorry can't do that. The fee is not from them. Ok, fine. The tickets are. I'm not asking for the movie ticket back, I am asking for a dollar voucher towards my popcorn. She says, "Ooooohhh, let me see what I can do." Then, she walks out of the forbidden office with Mr. Oh So Professional Looking without a tie, but with gold chain. He says that all the snack bar is inventoried so he can't give the buck. Sorry. I ask if he would rather lose further customers over a buck- he said yes. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

BTW. This incidence happened at The Grand Theatre, 5601 University Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC 27105. (336)661-1125

*Forgot to mention that we really enjoyed the movie. I can see how the Joker character really affected Heath Ledger personally. Amazing performance. Also, I have a new found crush on Christian Bale.*

1 comment:

  1. I suppose if there were a huge line...and you had to go to the kiosk...you would have seen the convinence LOL I have to admit, Christian Bale is quite the hottie! Although, I still need to go back to see the whole movie.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺