Ten years ago, on 10-10-2000, Madison Jean Potts made her debut. I will never forget the phone call in the wee hours of the morning from Chris (her dad) to let me know that she was here.
C: "She's here!"
K: "YAY! What are the stats? Oh, wait- let me get up so I can write this down."
C: "She's 4 pounds, 10 ounces."
K: "Whoa, wait- WHAT?"
C: "Yeah, she's a little thing."
It was quite the surprise that Madison was so little because she was full term and well, Theresa looked full term (Love you, T*Potts!). It wouldn't be until months later that we actually had an answer to her low birth weight.
Later, I was anxious to find this picture in my inbox. My very first picture of Madison. Auntie loves. ♥

I thought from day one that she was a mini-Chris, and I couldn't wait to meet her in person! I made the trip up to visit Theresa many times during her pregancy and talked with Madison all the time, so I knew that she was waiting to meet her Auntie Boo, too. :)
I was about six weeks pregnant when Madison was born. I remember holding all-barely 5 pounds of her and thinking about how Scott and I would be having our very own swaddled burrito. It was love at first sight. She did give us minor heart attacks after her two week checkup when the pediatrician discovered her heart murmur.
I was so sad when the news came that Madison and family would be moving from California to North Carolina. Right after moving to North Carolina, doctors discovered that Madison's heart defect was worse than they thought. She would need open heart surgery. Madison was 10 months old when she had her surgery and that it was discovered that she has Williams Syndrome.
Madison may have Williams Syndrome, which causes some developmental delays, but it doesn't define her just as Ethan is not defined by Down syndrome. She has happy days, sad days, frustrating days, comedic days, lazy days, and goofy days. Just.Like.Everyone.Else.
Yesterday, Madison had the birthday bash of a lifetime. It made this Auntie's heart smile as she yelled to me, "Auntie Boo, this is my bestest birthday EVER!".
"I'm so glad, Madison. It's your day, honey."
I love you, Madison! So does Scotty, Ethan Boy, and Sheppers, too!
Happy 10th birthday today, on 10-10-10!!!










How cool to have your 10th b-day on 10-10-10!! I hope she had a great day!
ReplyDeleteHope Ethan feels better in the poop area. Thankfully we have never dealt with any 'clean outs'!
Awwwwww! Thanks, Auntie Boo!!!! :o)
ReplyDelete