Oh my gosh. I am about ready to drop kick someone. So, we get back to the PACU to finally see Ethan post-op and the first thing the nurse says is, "He's already sat up on me." Oh.My.Freakin'.Gosh. Are you kidding me!?!?!?!?!? (bleepity bleep bleep bleep) Ok, keep your cool Kristen...
When he started waking up, he was such a good boy and stayed flat. The first thing he did was sign for 'hungry'. Poor baby hadn't eaten since last night. And, it was close to 1pm by then.
We got up to our room. Now, I was told that the rooms here at Duke were small, but holy smokes! I think I am getting claustrophobic in here! See for yourself...

It is now 2:30pm and we are just now being able to get Ethan some applesauce. He was very agitated a little bit ago, so we got him some pain meds that calmed him down (fentanyl). He also has some oxycodone on order, but he hasn't been given another dose of that yet.
(One applesauce down and crying for more...)
I am really trying to like our nurse. She seems a bit ditzy. Everytime I ask her a question, I get a blank stare. But, she did just bring us the applesauce and apple juice, so I will give her good props for that. All I can say right now, though, is that if our night nurse sucks, I do believe armageddon could be in the iminent future.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Hello, my name is Mama Bear...
at
2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Oh... I so should be there with you... I am stunned that he sat up after the surgery ...
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear the nurses are clueless...
Do you need me to come down there and get in my Hospital Mama Mode? I can do it!
ReplyDeleteKristen you aren't just his momma, you're his advocate. Don't worry about being ANYONE"S friend. Go ahead and irritate the heck out of them if that's what it takes to keep Ethan comfortable. You go gurl!
ReplyDeleteAmy - downsyn
Oh Kristin, I'm so glad he's out of surgery and doing good. I'm sorry he's hurting, and therefore you and Scott, too. It will be really good seeing him when we come to duke on friday for PJ's G.I. appt. I'll call you when we finish up there and you can tell me where you are. Hugs to that beautiful un-tethered little man!
ReplyDeleteGlad you still have your sense of humor through all this. Go mamma bear!
ReplyDeleteKristen, You should have let us know. We are praying for sweet Ethan. Kimberly mentioned this to me, but I did not have a date. I am glad I happened upon your blog, so I could add to the prayers. Love, Di
ReplyDelete