We arrived to the Karibuni Lodge around 7pm on Friday night. We were greeted by the owners, Theresa & Ibrahim, Alex, and Whitney. We were all very tired from the road trip and also quite hungry. This night would be the first of several delicious meals made for us by Ibrahim.
We were all very excited to be heading to the Challenge Farm the next morning!!! When I woke up, I was able to actually just sit back and reflect on the beauty of our surroundings. 

Amy, Donna, Nancy, Amy, and Kristen's "Villa" :-) So cute.
The excitement that was building within while on the way to the farm was unbearable. Whitney had taken a few of us ahead of "Mama Cheri". We waited on the side of the road until Cheri could enter with us. Whitney had already told us how excited the children were to know that we were all coming, and they always look forward to the times when Mama Cheri can come home to them!
Finally, we are all ready to head down the final stretch of the road leading to the farm. We start honking horns, and then I see children emerge from buildings running with HUGE smiles on their faces. I immediately started crying. I was trying so hard to not cry! But, it was a happy cry. A cry of thanks and gratitude to God for calling me to go and be with the children and staff at Challenge Farm.
Arriving at the farm, Mama Cheri's van first
Meeting the children
I had a few children come up to me and say, "Kristen!". I had sent this picture of me ahead of time so the kids would know what I looked like. Then, I found it blown up into an 8x10 on the wall in the dining hall! 
We gathered and went into the dining hall/chapel/classroom/everything room. We had introductions and the kids danced. I LOVED watching them dance! I have video that I will post later.
Meet Sara. She is the youngest resident on the farm. She captured my heart that very first day. 
The kids sing to us
Some boys dancing!
This is Jackson. You will lots of him in my posts. The best dancer! Great kid.
Sara, Jackson, and Esther
Esther, Martha, and Sara
With my new friends
Mark and friends
Esther- I *LOVE* this picture of her.
Sweet poses
HELLO!!! 
With Sweet Lilian
Beautiful Ruth
Such a beautiful day.
The first day at the farm was full of excitement, introductions, and fun. The kids LOVED my sunglasses and camera. I came home with over 800 pictures taken and maybe a quarter of them were actually taken by me! It was such a great day! We couldn't wait to return to them and have chapel with them the next day!
***To Be Continued...***
Monday, November 10, 2008
Africa, Part II
at
10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment
It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺