Well, the doctor is fairly certain that it is NOT mono. He feels strongly that it was a false positive. It has something to do with what Ethan went through when he was on chemo. It was all too scientific for me to remember. But, it had to do with IgG and IgM levels. The only way to tell for sure is a full blood workup and he didn't want to put Ethan through it since he doesn't have any other symptoms, ie. swollen lymph nodes, swollen spleen, sore throat...Plus, he says that Ethan's fatigue would be chronic, not just tired at the end of the school day type tired.
The true culprit? Likely...wait for it...wait for it....VIRUS.
As long as the fever stays away today, he can go back to school tomorrow.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Dr. update
at
12:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Sorry about the other post, I sent it before I read the newest update.
ReplyDeletePoor Ethan! Maybe he has the same virus Keeghan has. I hate them!!! I hope he's feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete