Friday, September 12, 2008

Stuff

Ethan started Vitalstim up again on Monday. The first session went pretty well- Tuesday through Thursday's sessions were awful. Hopefully, next week will be better! He has another 4 weeks of this, so he better get used to it!

PT & OT are going well. Ethan is getting much better walking with only one-handed assistance. He's a tad wobbly, but once he gets going, he is very proud of himself! And, he should be!

Just a few minutes ago, he was standing and not holding on to a thing. Of course, I was trying to be sly by sneaking a picture in, but he is extremely smart and dropped before I could snap the shot. Lil' stinker! I am going to try again though.

So, we have come to the full realization that Ethan has some major sensory issues going on. He hasn't been fully diagnosed with any sensory disorder yet, but I know it's coming. That appt. is on the 23rd. So, we are doing the brushing that I mentioned in a prior post and we are looking into the sensory diet. Fun times.

I leave for Africa in less than 4 weeks now! WOW! It is amazing to see how everything is falling into place for this trip. Originally, I thought that the itinerary would take me to Amsterdam, but now we will go through Zurich on the way there and London on the way back. LONDON BABY, YEAH! (That was my F.R.I.E.N.D.S reference for the day- LOL!)

And, on a political note. Everyone needs to leave Sarah Palin's kids alone! Just because Bristol is pregnant, does not mean that the Palin's were neglectful parents. Kids will do what they are going to do- just ask my mother. My mother got pregnant with Kim when she was 17 years old and she had the strictest of parents.

And for those criticizing SP's choice for prenatal testing...prenatal testing is not only done so that parents can abort their fetus if there is a 'problem'. Some parents prefer to be prepared if there is anything abnormal. It was a blessing for me to not know prenatally that Ethan would have Down syndrome because it was my first baby and I would have stressed myself out too much, but if I were to have another baby, I think that I would test simply because I am more aware of things now, a little more mature, and I would want to prepare for anything. Being told that your newborn baby possibly has Down syndrome, a heart defect, and isn't breathing well right after birth and is being transported to the NICU at the children's hospital an hour away is no picnic and it threw us into some very raw emotions very fast.

So anyway- leave her kids alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺