In less than 3 weeks, I will be heading to Kitale, Kenya, Africa! It still seems so unreal, but I am getting quite excited- ok, nervous too.
I got my shots yesterday and my passport arrived today! All systems GO!
I am still raising funds for the trip, so if you feel a pull on your heart to support the mission, I recommend that you go to the Challenge Farm website to learn all about it and the work we will be helping out with! The more money we raise, the more money we can give back to the farm. I have a Chip In box on the right of my blog if you would like to support via Paypal, or you can send a check/money order that is tax-deductible to:
River Oaks Community Church (ROCC)
1855 Lewisville Clemmons Road
Clemmons, NC 27012
Please be sure to write my name, Kristen Faulkner- Kenya, in the memo line so my account is credited properly.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support!!!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Gearing up for Africa!
at
11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







SOOO are you going to post your passport pic?! :)
ReplyDeleteOhh my goodness, it is coming so fast! I can't wait ... can you blog from there?
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you! I got to go to western Africa when I was in high school on a mission trip and it was the most life changing experience ever...
ReplyDeletePS: DJ and I are both Princess Bride addicts as well!! DJ had "For my one true love" inscribed on my wedding band. :)