Ethan did really well today. He was given some oral versed to put him to sleep before having the IV put in. The taste was awful and he did not appreciate having to take it, but he was asleep within 10 minutes. I was told that the scan would take close to 2 hours, an hour and a half if he was really still.
Ok, so 2 1/2 hours later, the nurse comes out to say that they just finished the spine scans and that they were starting the brain scan. The brain scan should take an additional hour. And, that's what it was- a little over an hour.
Ethan woke up drunk and cranky. Tonight, he was still drunk and cranky. They say that he could even still be groggy tomorrow. He was given more versed and parabarbitol (?, I think) while the scan ran and his last dose was around 1pm.
It's 10:30pm now and Ethan is still awake. He is fussy though. I will likely have him sleep with me tonight since he is so fussy. (He just wants his Momma- makes me feel good!)
We should have results by next week. I have mixed emotions about what I want the outcome to be. Do I want something to be wrong with Ethan? Of course not. Do I want answers? Of course I do, and that just may come with an extra diagnosis. I will post as soon as I have results.
Friday, September 19, 2008
MRI
at
10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I'm glad his test went ok....we'll be praying for the results and for answers!!
ReplyDelete