Thursday, February 19, 2009

OUCH!

A couple of years ago, we discovered that Ethan had this crazy attraction to feet.  Call it a foot fetish if you will.  He finds feet and, especially, toes to be hilarious.  We went as far as to purchase a fake foot without blood from the Halloween store a few years ago.  It was, and still is, very creepy, but it beat him constantly attacking our feet.

Ethan moved on to better things, THANK GOD, and our feet were once again ours.  He stopped wanting to play with feet and we couldn’t have been happier.  Now, all of a sudden, the foot infatuation is back!  Ugh.

One of Ethan’s friends at school will actually come down to his classroom afterschool, take off her socks and shoes and run around, just so Ethan will laugh.  AND, it encourages him to walk!  She will hop on one foot and tell Ethan he has to walk, so he does.  I tell you- the things that motivates this child of mine!!! 

The bad thing about him and his love for feet right now is that I have an infected toe.  OUCH.  I will spare you a real picture, but those who have seen it can tell you that it is swollen and practically purple in some places.     And, it hurts like a bleepity bleep!  So, of course, my son would find it intensely comical to see my knee-jerk reaction when he touches it.  No joke.  He has found ways to walk on my toe more times than I can count.  Today, as we were walking down the halls to leave school, his beautiful size 8 1/2 mountain hiking shoe came full-force down on to my toe.  Oh.My.Gosh.  How can one little toe cause SO much pain?!?!?!  I think I about passed out.  And, he’s laughing…

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺