Saturday, December 12, 2009
Day 12 of Giving
Today is the last day of the 12 Days of Giving being hosted by Bethany over at Life With Bubba, Chicky, & Nika. It has been wonderful seeing how you, others, and myself can give, and not always necessarily financially.
I, honestly, didn't know what I was going to be able to do today since I am in the hospital with Bubs (post to follow). As it turned out, I was able to do the same thing (kinda) for two friends. I was on my way out to watch my friend's daughter dance in a competition- it was going to be my respite from the hospital. As I was getting ready to leave, a friend of ours brought us his laptop to use in the hospital (SO SWEET). He walked out with me and it just turned out that he needed to have a friend to talk to. I did miss out on Syd's competition, but I felt that my friend needed me more. Time, fellowship, laughter...good time.
Also, today the hospital held their annual "Remembrance Service" for the children under the care of the hospital that had passed away. Olivia was still a part of this service, so I joined Karen for it. I felt very grateful that Karen told me about the service and that I could be there to hold her hand. Olivia has especially been on my mind lately. I miss her so much. I have been able to tell others about Olivia multiple times over the past two weeks. She was such a special part of my life and I feel so privileged to have been able to love her and help care for her.
I happen to think that I got more out of my time with these two friends today than I gave them. Friendship is awesome, I highly recommend it. ☺
at
8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺