Friday, December 11, 2009
Day 11 of Giving
We have spent many, many nights in the hospital with Ethan. The rooms have the bed, of course, and a "daybed" for the parent. I always sleep with Ethan, but on those days that Scott was also there and I needed a nap from the all-nighter the night before. The daybed is a vinyl cover, so it's not very comfortable for long periods of time. We figured out that the size of the daybed cushion was the same as the hospital bed, so Scott started making it a pillow top bed. He would take extra sheets and blankets, fold them so they were nice and smooth, and then put a fitted sheet over them onto the cushion. It made the bed away from home a lot more bearable.
I was outside the hospital talking to a friend when I saw a gentleman walking in with a big comforter. Since it was cold out, I mentioned how it would be nice to have a blanket. He mentioned how having a piece of home makes staying in these beds/daybeds a little easier and I was able to share with him our tricks. As I am telling him, another woman was walking by and she was also very curious about our comfy tricks for the beds. Her son has been in the hospital for two weeks now and she is not getting much sleep. I hope that both of them are able to sleep a little more comfortably tonight.
at
4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment
It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺