Has anyone else seen this? My sister, Kim, sent it to me this morning. I had never seen it before. I found it interesting how so many people in the Down syndrome community refer to their loved ones as an angel and that is exactly how they are portrayed in this video.
Svefn-g-englar
{Lyrics in Icelandic}
ég er kominn aftur
inn í þig
það er svo gott að vera hér
en stoppa stutt við
ég flýt um í neðarsjávar hýði
á hóteli
beintengdur við rafmagnstöfluna
og nærist
tjú tjú
en biðin gerir mig leiðan
brot hættan sparka frá mér
og kall á - verð að fara - hjálp
ég spring út og friðurinn í loft upp
baðaður nýju ljósi
ég græt og ég græt - aftengdur
ónýttur heili settur á brjóst
og mataður af svefn-g-englum
inn í þig
það er svo gott að vera hér
en stoppa stutt við
ég flýt um í neðarsjávar hýði
á hóteli
beintengdur við rafmagnstöfluna
og nærist
tjú tjú
en biðin gerir mig leiðan
brot hættan sparka frá mér
og kall á - verð að fara - hjálp
ég spring út og friðurinn í loft upp
baðaður nýju ljósi
ég græt og ég græt - aftengdur
ónýttur heili settur á brjóst
og mataður af svefn-g-englum
English Translation
http://translation.conveythis.com/Icelandic/
I come back into you it is so good to be here, but stop short of I move about in the below sea hýði the hotel connected directly to the electric table and feeds tjú tjú but Biðin makes me break producing risk kick me and call on - have to go - Help, I spring out and peace in the air I baðaður new light green and my gadgets - unlinked untapped brain placed on the chest and mataður of sleep-g-angels







That was awesome, Kristen. I quite like Sigur Ros, too, so that's especially cool.
ReplyDeleteI suspect that I would refer to my daughter as an angel whether or not she had Ds, so I can't say that the symbolism is anything to do with that. I remember many, many years ago, when I was a kid, my step-mother had some sort of theory (or recounted someone else's theory) that people with Down syndrome were some sort of higher being, separate from ourselves. I always held on to that after Samantha was born.