We were all sick, as previously posted. Breathing capacity was taken down to nothing for me. I am going to have to totally rebuild my endurance with C25K, which makes me sad, but I am feeling much better than last week!
So, things have gone like this:
Sick family, Spread the Word to End the Word link turned into quite the verbal attack on my Facebook, Shep had his stitches out, Shep had heartworm treatment, which required a two-day hospital stay, Shep's home but can't have ANY activity for a month...I think he may need doggie Prozac soon, Scott had heart attack symptoms at church and was sent via ambulance to the hospital for an overnight stay. Ethan had his urology follow-up with Dr. Wiener at Duke- had a renal ultrasound which was horrible, like wrestling a marlin. Good news is that his kidneys and bladder are doing well! YAY! Bad news is that until Ethan can verbally tell us what he is feeling in order to go to the bathroom, we won't know if the tethered cord caused permanent damage. Ethan will need a renal u/s annually for several years.
Yes, I snuck in that part about Scott. He doesn't really want a big fuss made about it. He is FINE. His heart is fine. Chances are that he had a panic attack that mimicked a heart attack. Still, no fun and very scary for all of us. We are very thankful to our friends at church who stepped up to watch Ethan until Mary could get there to pick him up. And, of course, to Mary for keeping Ethan while I was at the hospital with Scott. We are very happy to know that all EKG results and coronary CT results were fine...no abnormalities or blockages of any kind.
Fun week! That's a BIG nutshell! LOL!
Sunday, March 07, 2010
In a nutshell...
at
6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I sure hope this week is better and much calmer!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on winning! I was doing the C25K thing too. But with gallbladder surgery a little over a week ago i have not been able to do anything. I am sure I will totally suck once I get moving again. I sucked anyway!
Prayers everyone is doing better this week. I guess the vet decided Shep is well enough for treatment- so that is good news! Too bad it cost a fortune.
Oh man...what a week! Tell Scott he is in our thoughts! And to RELAX! Nothing is worth his life, right? Meditation...it's good.
ReplyDelete