Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bad News #1…A picture story.

ethan GQ ’s insurance has    our request to have ethan GQ go to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for the intensive swallowing/feeding clinic.    They, once again, say that there is no appeal process, to which I say:   How can you tell someone that there is no appeal process?!?!  They say that ethan GQ gets enough services here in NC and it doesn’t matter if it’s “Not Enough” by my standards.  Um, hello you   ‘s.  It’s not just ME.  It is his doctors and therapists and teacher.  The people who are around this child everyday.  The people that are just short of ing, for the safety of my child, provided letters and documentation showing why ethan GQ needs such aggressive treatment.  Does it matter?  Of course not. 

We were offered an alternative at a hospital in Virginia, to which I ask:  Why will you send us out of state to Virginia but not to Pennsylvania?  It’s not like they are paying for my transportation to get there.  I don’t have an answer on that one yet. 

One thing about the other hospital, from what I was told and from what I have read, is that the parent does not stay with the child and it is an inpatient stay.  Um, no.  If you think that I am going to drop off my son at some hospital over 4 hours away from home, then they are !!! 

Tomorrow, I begin the appeal of the no appeal process.  If they thought that I would just accept this answer, then they thought wrong!  They are messing with the wrong !

.  This should get interesting.

6 comments:

  1. Your too funny! Hope it all works out though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:08 AM

    Well, that just SUCKS!!!!
    You keep fighting, mother bear!

    ((HUGS))

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Ok, how long did it take you to line up all those pictures? ROFL! I hope you get somewhere with those nit wits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks. Like how you vented your frustrations in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Kristen....have a go at checking into the Shriners Hospital. Aren't they in every state? They have state of the art equipment, and medicine. Ya know, your dad is a Mason. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that news..but I did love the picture story.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺