Monday, February 11, 2008

Our loss, Heaven's gain

Today at 4:58 pm, Olivia earned her wings. Thank you God for answering our prayer for a peaceful passing. Our hearts break for our loss. Olivia was a true Princess. She passed in her favorite place- her Mother's arms. I am reminded of Steel Magnolias when Shelby passes and M'Lynn says how it was truly a beautiful thing, being able to be there when that precious child was brought into the world and also when she left this world. There is no bond as that of a mother and child.

I loved Olivia from the first time I met her. There has always been something about her. She was what love is. SO many people love her- people who have never met her or Karen. It is just a testament to how someone can speak volumes without ever saying a word. Her smile lit a room. Her love was unconditional.

I knew that God brought me to North Carolina for a reason(s) and I truly believe that one of those reasons was so I could know Olivia and Karen. I have been so incredibly blessed to have been a part of their lives. I always made it a point to come over to the house to visit at least once a week so I could see the Princess. We read stories, sang, and had great talks. Olivia gave the most wonderful kisses- kisses I will forever treasure. I will never forget the time that Olivia raised her arms out to me for a hug or when she would shake her head NO when it came time for me to leave. Of course, she usually didn't mind if I took Ethan home because, bless him, he never did have a good sense of where his feet were flying and would step on her *sorry Livvie*.

When I lost my job last month, I told Karen that she had full coverage (Posse members made a pact for Karen to never be left alone during this time) and she made a comment about how maybe that's how God intended it. As the weeks unfolded, I really began to believe this. I was used in a certain way to be able to help care for Olivia and Karen. I am so grateful for all of the extra time that I had with Olivia and I thank Scott and Ethan for being so wonderful during this time too.

There were times over the past few weeks that I had hoped that we were all in a bad dream and this really wasn't becoming a reality...if only. Olivia defied all odds and definitely did things on HER time. She was surrounded by loved ones until the very end and she will FOREVER BE A PRINCESS!

*Livvie...sweet baby girl. I miss you terribly already. While my heart aches here on earth, I also smile with joy because I know that you are dancing and singing through the streets of gold. You are whole and perfect. No more seizures, no more tubes, no more pain. I will continue to take care of Mommy, just like I promised you. I love you sweet Olivia, forever and always!*

Please continue to pray for Karen and Weldon as life as they know it has just been turned upside-down. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen I am so sorry to hear this. I am so thankful that she did get to have her birthday party! If you got any pictures I would love to see the beautiful princess that shares the same birthday with Kallie. Big hugs to you my friend. You are a treasure to your friends and God bless you tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Kristen. Many prayers for all of Olivia's family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:52 PM

    I am so very sorry. I can not imagine the pain you and your friend must be feeling. I will pray....

    Shea01

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺