Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One of our darkest days...

February 13, 2004. Ethan is diagnosed with leukemia. It is a date forever etched in my brain. Today, he is a growing, healthy little boy. He amazes us everyday- even with the newly emerging terrible two behavior!

I am still numb about the loss of our sweet Olivia. As I make a couple of phone calls for Karen to inform of Olivia's passing, it still seems so unreal. The last dr. I spoke to said, "OH, I hate to hear that"...I said, "I hate to say it". Karen and I have gone to the funeral home the past couple of days to see Olivia. This may seem creepy to some, but it is done out of pure love. Last night, we even dressed her in her beautiful gown. Her hair is curled and she has her special bow in. She is wearing her new ring and bracelet. We still have to take her necklace and a couple of her belongings that will stay with her forever. Karen and I must seem so odd to the funeral home director...we were fixing makeup (originally, she was a little too orange), putting on lip gloss, and picking fuzzies out of her hair. These are things that we did when she was alive and it just seems right to be the ones to do it until the end.

Karen was able to pick Olivia up and hold her before laying her into her casket. It was a beautiful moment and I am so honored that I could be there with them during that time. I am so thankful to Karen for allowing me to be such a big part of Olivia's life. I just cannot even begin to put into words how much I love that precious little princess. Not loved, love. Love does not die with the person, nor does it fade.

Thank you to everyone who has sent condolences for Karen and Olivia's family. It is so appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. hugs and prayers my friend. I'm here any time you would like to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:22 AM

    Do not think what both of you did was weird at all. You can not turn love off when someone passes. God Bless.

    Shea01

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺