Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Faith and Trust

Almost everyone knows that two years ago, I was honored and blessed to travel to Kenya and love on some kids.  I thought that I would go to Kenya and be able to mark it off of my bucket list, so to speak.  I never imagined that I would feel the "calling" again.  But, after being able to step outside of my comfort zone, I almost immediately wanted to return.  Those children at the Challenge Farm have a very special place in my heart.  It was all God that I was able to go in the first place.  We certainly were not financially capable of me going on such a trip without the generosity of so many.  There have been trips back to Kenya since and each time, I send letters and wish that I was going, too. 

Well, there is another team traveling back to Kitale in February.  I feel the pull to go.  My one and only reservation is finances.  I know that I can get help with Ethan, just like I did last time.  So, I sit here again thinking that there is NO WAY that I can raise the money needed ($2500/$1500 due mid-December) in the short amount of time.  There is a truth to that statement.  *I* can't.  God *CAN*. 

I think that is the lesson.  I am putting a limitation on God's capability!  Who am I to say that God is not capable of providing if it is meant for me to return to Kenya?  Then, there's the *haters*, the people who chastise all international work when there is so much to do domestically, or the non-believers who don't believe that God is providing anything.  You feel like you are on constant attack once you commit to such a mission.  Am I strong enough to battle that spiritual warfare?  Nope.  But, God is.  I just have to lean upon Him for the strength.

Please join me in praying for what is meant to be for this trip, whether I am supposed to be a member of the team or not.  I need to have FAITH that if it is meant to be for me, then all of my needs will be met.  I need to TRUST that all of my needs will be provided for.

If you would like to help in the financial aspect (can we say end-of-year tax deduction?!!??!!!), checks can be sent to:
River Oaks Community Church
1855 Lewisville-Clemmons Road
Clemmons, NC 27012
Memo:  Kristen Faulkner - Kenya



First day at the farm.  With Sarah, Jackson, & Esther

Your prayers and support are very much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺