Today is the day that my sister's new book, Kids On The Doorstep, hits shelves. This marks her sixth book being published! Before I give you my review, I have to start by saying how PROUD I am of my sister's accomplishments! She works so hard- as a journalist, romance writer, wife, and soccer/swim/football/dance mom. She is always on the GO, I have NO idea how she even has the time to get her creative juices flowing for her novels.
Ok, so since I am the author's sister I have the distinguished honor of receiving an autographed ARC (Advanced Reader Copy). The day that my ARC came in the mail, I was already emotional because of my leg injury. I opened up my package from Kim when I got into the house. I had to check to see if she actually signed it because on one of her books, I joke with her that she signed it with "invisible ink" because she forgot to sign it at all. Well, she did sign it with a simple and yet very touching note. But what was inside got me. Her dedication page. I was not prepared for what she wrote.
To the mothers of the world: raising children is the most important
job we as adults will ever have, as they are our legacy and our future.
To my sister, Kristen, who wears the badge of motherhood with pride and
inspires people to love without reservation, without judgment, without
fear. She is a mama bear and a wonder to watch in action!
Since I was already an emotional mess, I sat on my sofa and bawled my eyes out. I had no idea that she was writing anything to me and it meant so much to me, especially since I have had to face more challenges with Ethan lately. What an honor for ME to be recognized by my big sister. I hope that I make her proud too.
Ok, so I do not normally read unless it is People Magazine. I am the bad sister who is behind on reading Kim's other books. It has nothing to do with her- I just get distracted easily. I read Kids On The Doorstep in TWO days. Yes, TWO days!!! I think that speaks volumes for what I think about it. =]
John Murphy gets the shock of his life when he finds three girls on the
doorstep. Once he takes them in, it isn't long before the little tykes
bring out his fiercest protective instincts. So when their mother shows up
at his Emmett's Mill Ranch, he's ready to do battle.
Except Renee Dolling isn't what he expects. She clearly loves her
girls and wants to make up for the past mistakes. John wants to trust her,
but he's got the girls to think about. Unless Renee can prove she's the
mother her daughter's deserve...and the woman this solitary rancher
needs.
~Back Cover Teaser
I was able to picture the scenery, the girls faces, the emotions...I could feel Renee's heartache. There were times that I wanted to slap Renee around a bit. She faced a parent's hardest decision...walking away in order to make things better for the kids in the long run- only, things did not end up as she intended and she blamed herself.
Kim told me that her editor cried when reading this book because it is so emotionally raw. I know many will enjoy Kim's latest installment in her Emmett's Mill Series.
Please visit your local bookstore, or even Target/Wal-Mart and pick up Kids On The Doorstep!!! Also, please visit Kim's website at www.kimberlyvanmeter.com! Check out her blog and be sure to let her know if you get to read her book! Kim is ALWAYS happy to hear from her fans!
Kim- Love you Sista!!! xoxo







You rock! Thank you so much for the kind words and the awesome pimpage!
ReplyDeleteI am soooo proud of all 3 of my girls!!! I love you all. It's not been easy being a parent of so many different and independant personalities. I see alot of me in all of you. And because of that I know you'll survive what ever comes your way...it's in your blood. Your brother on the other hand, not so much. LOL...just kidding.
ReplyDeleteKristen, Her dedication made me cry too.She nailed it. I am going right out to buy the book, I need something good to read while Hannah has her surgery.
ReplyDelete