Sunday, January 18, 2009

Missing Daddy

In my professional Mommy/Nurse One opinion, Scott definitely has the pox. He's covered. Some are more fluid-filled than others and the itching has begun. He is currently in an oatmeal bath courtesy of Aveeno. The anti-itch lotion is working too, so he is not terribly miserable, but still miserable.

Ethan does not like, nor does he understand being quarantined away from Daddy. He tries to get in the room every chance he gets and cries when I take him away. He is such a Daddy's boy. Ethan does, however, find comfort in my coughing up a lung. That, to him, is HILARIOUS.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kristin: be careful with Scott and the chicken pox. With adults it can be really serious. You may want to call a Dr. on call and see what he says. My Dr. admitted me when I had them and administered anti-viral drugs right away. I will be praying. Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that when an adult has Ch.pox, it should be followed almost immediately by a Dr. The fevers can be INTENSE, and the itching I have been told is worse in adults,and will FORCE you to itch and can create open sores which could surely get infected! Dehydration can become an issue fast too! Trust your gut and get him to the ER, if he begins to have trouble breathing, or intense fevers which don't break with medication..otherwise I recommend def. getting him to the DR first thing tomorrow. I will pray he feels better! Koby is a Dadaholic too and I CAN NOT imagine how nuts and heartbroken he would be knowing his Daddy was home and couldn't be reached!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man! I hope they go away quick. Be VERY careful, when Todd's cousin was in her 20's she got the pox and ended up getting it in her eye and is now mostly blind in one of her eyes!

    My girls would hate to be off limits to daddy too!! Poor E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Kristen, your readers are right...dont' wait getting Scott into the clinic or er if need. Your brother got the pox really bad as a baby and still got a horrific case of shingles later on in jr high. Lots of serious problems can occur as a result of pox. Lots of fever releiver for the chills. Please give him a soothing hug from me. As for Ethan, keep a close watch up to 14 days after Scott had fever. Keep fingers and toes crossed Ethan doesn't get it. It gets into all crevices. I mean all. EEEWWWOOO! Keep having him soak in that tub of Aveeno.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺