Facebook users have been tagging like crazy with 25 Random things... I finally did mine today and I think that I need to add one more.
1. My husband originally had a crush on my best friend. I am sloppy seconds.
2. My son's laughter is the highlight of my life.
3. Yosemite National Park holds a special place in my heart. My maternal family was born there and is counted among the first original Indian families displaced by the federal government. (lifted from my sister, but still true)
4. I was the first baby of the year in Mariposa County (Jan. 2). Yes, I am a member of the John C. Fremont club.
5. I am the "white sheep" of my family. Only blonde/blue eyed kid out of four. Everyone else has dark hair, brown eyes, oh- and a tan.
6. I never wanted this big of an age gap in between children.
7. My sister was always the "pretty one" until I had glamour shots done on my 16th birthday, then it was realized that I was pretty too.
8. My (bio) dad was killed when I was 3 (sis was 8). The circumstances surrounding his "accident" were covered in a 20/20 episode back in the early '90's.
9. I married young but try to discourage 'kids' from marrying until they are older.
10. I love my family more than anything and miss them terribly.
11. My hair has gotten darker and curlier with age.
12. I missed my 10 year reunion because my son was battling leukemia.
13. I wish that I had more pictures with my parents and grandparents.
14. I skipped the 6th grade.
15. I never EVER imagined that I would go to Africa and now I can't imagine my life without that trip of a lifetime.
16. I do NOT like cats. I tolerate them, but I do not like them.
17. Princess Bride is my favorite movie of all time. My wedding music was to the soundtrack.
18. I wish that my husband would dance with me.
19. I have met some of my closest friends online thanks to the awesomeness of the online Down syndrome support network, Downsyn.com
20. I will always stand up for what I believe in.
21. I never want Ethan to leave us. This whole growing up to be independent away from home is not in the cards. I will build him his own apartment on the property if I have to, but he's not leaving.
22. I once offended a Tiffany's representative in Beverly Hills because I said that a necklace was gaudy and ugly.
23. I have been diagnosed with two conditions that SUCK! ONE: Pulsatile tinnitus. I have a constant swishing heartbeat in my left ear. There is nothing anyone can do about it and it about drives me insane some days. TWO: Rheumatoid Arthritis. Ethan was about to turn 1 and I couldn't even open his bottle. It is a horrible disease and it robs me of many special moments.
24. I am still trying to figure out what my talent is.
25. The only shoe that I will ever love is the flip-flop.
Bonus: I hate it when people don't use YOUR properly. Again: YOUR=YOUR. YOU'RE=YOU ARE.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Random things
at
5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I'm guilty of the "bonus" and I know what it means, but get it wrong all the time.
ReplyDeleteOh, I just LOVE The Princess Bride!!
ReplyDeleteMy grammar pet peeve is similar: its/it's.
1. I love flip flops and wear them everyday..
ReplyDelete2. Your talent is compassion. :)
You're blog is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteps:hehehe...I hate the misuse of Y-O-U-R as well!!! So I had to throw it in up there for good measure! Don't hate me! LOL
I love your added bonus!! The other one is there/they're/their!!!
ReplyDeleteOHHH and I gave you a bloggy award! Check it out!
ReplyDelete