Monday, December 17, 2007

Ask and you shall receive, Renee! :-)

Well, I came to write shortly after Kamrin left from her 10-day visit last month, but found myself crying to hard to complete the post. I had not seen my sister in over a year and I just didn't want to let her go. It was an extremely difficult day for me to have to walk away from her at the airport. Then, I think of my friend Frank who is getting ready to head back to Iraq- leaving his beautiful wife and four children. I could really get on a plane any time that I want (or that my credit card will allow!) and here our soldiers sacrifice their time with loved ones in order to ensure our freedom...God Bless them.

I thoroughly enjoyed having Kamrin here. We had a real Thanksgiving dinner- I even cooked a turkey! Try to not pass out there! Granted, it was a little turkey- only 6 pounds- but, it was more than plenty. I borrowed my neighbor's Wii game and we had quite the Wii workout! We also enjoyed a first together...BLACK FRIDAY! We left the house at 5am to go buy a treadmill. How crazy is that!?!? I guess when you save over $1200, it kind of seems worth it. So, we went, bought, came home, and went back to bed!

I have had a tattoo since I was 18 that I pretty much had grown to hate. I wanted it removed and then covered, but was told that the tattoo would have to become huge, so I opted against it. Well, I met a tattoo artist that just so happens to have a child with Down syndrome. One of her specialties is covers and she told me that she would have no problem covering my old tattoo. Of course, the cover would make it bigger, but not too much. I thought it would be fun for Kamrin to experience the new tattoo with me, so I made the appointment for when she was here. So, now I have a beautiful tattoo that means so much to me. When I get the pictures uploaded, I will post one. It is now three tulips and a butterfly. It is very symbolic. The tulips represent Down syndrome (3 chromosomes on the 21st). Tulips are also my favorite flower and they are grown in Holland. If you have never read "Welcome to Holland"- Google it and you will understand the deeper meaning behind the tattoo. I am also one of three sisters (another reason for 3). The butterfly is so I always have Mariposa with me (my hometown in California, meaning butterfly in Spanish). It is almost all the way healed now and I love it (Thank you Mitzi!!!).
UPDATE: Here's the before and after pic.


Kamrin and I went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. It's an amazing place...I can't imagine living in a place so large- especially way back when.


While I thought that Kamrin being here would take care of any homesickness I may have had, it actually made it worse. But, that's ok because I got to spend time with my sister, who I love so much. Ethan was so sad to see Aunt Kamrin go too, but gave her a great kiss good-bye...


Ethan continues to do well at school. Everyone loves him! He also continues to have a little love affair with Kayla, his one and only girl classmate. But, she is just as smitten with him and everyone knows it! It is so flipping cute. Ethan comes home with beautiful artwork almost every day and his walking continues to improve- even though we still have some attitude problems and laziness. We are getting there though. Ethan is moving up on the VitalStim therapy waiting list (http://www.vitalstimtherapy.com/ud.asp). There is no guarantee that it would work, but we have to try. Ethan's dysphagia is not getting any better and he runs the risk of pneumonia with every swallow. We will likely be getting the call in January.

I saw an ENT again for this darn pulsatile tinnitus. I basically have a wind tunnel in my ear. I have had it since pregnancy. All the tests at UCSF were a waste of time almost. They basically thought that I was imagining it. So, this ENT thinks that I have an AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation). I am still waiting on what further tests I have to have done or if there are any solutions that don't require surgery into my head (unless of course McDreamy wants to do it! LOL). I was also very sick a couple of weeks ago. Glad that is over with!!! UTI, pneumonia, flu, mono...fun times.

Scott has been keeping busy with work and Wake Forest soccer. He had a season's pass, of course. Well, Wake made it into the NCAA Championships which took place yesterday in Cary, NC. Scott and I- or should I say, Scott and his BIG A** Flag- made it onto ESPN2 about 7 times. Scott was the only one with a big flag and ESPN loved it. We ended up winning the game against Ohio State 2-1. It was freakin' freezing, but fun.
dsc_1535

And, drum roll for the big news of the night!!! Ethan lost another tooth!!! I was flossing his teeth and could tell that one of his top teeth was starting to bleed and VERY loose. So, after wiggling it for a few minutes and fighting off the strength that is Ethan, we pulled it out. He had grinded it down to nothing- bless his heart. At least you really won't see a snaggletooth because you don't see his upper teeth when he smiles. HAHA. This growing up stuff is too much for me to handle!!!

I think that's enough for now, what do you think? I have been working on the Christmas card. Maybe this year I will actually mail them!!! Sorry- I will really try!!! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I feel so special! My own update just for me! LOL I so want to go to Ashville! We've been there a few times but I've never gone to Biltmore... did you go to the McDonald's there? We saw it on TV and it looks AWESOME!!!!
    Anyway, glad you're blogging again! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺