| Well, if this doesn't just make you get a lump in your throat, there's something wrong with you 😊 |
Ethan finished his last dose of Zosyn tonight, so we are keeping our fingers crossed for a discharge tomorrow. The powers that be are concerned for his safety, as they should be, but both Scott and I feel that we need to get Ethan home where he can roam/crawl/scoot in his own home to get stronger in order to walk again. The therapists have shown us the stretches we need to do for him so we see no point in keeping him inpatient just for a 30 minute/day therapy session. There was discussion to send him to inpatient rehab at Levine in Charlotte, but thankfully he did so much better on his feet today than yesterday so the PT really thinks that he will continue to get stronger the more he's weaned off of the methadone and ativan. We can continue to wean him at home with a schedule from the pharmacy and he can continue the flagyl for the C.diff at home as well.
I have asked about possibly getting some nursing help once we go home, but I'm not sure it's going to get approved. We did get a pulse ox approved finally, so we can pick that up tomorrow. So far tonight, he's sitting at 100 sats on room air. What a difference a week can make!
We were moved to another floor at 5:30am this morning because they needed the room for babies, I guess. I was none too thrilled, but we had one of our most beloved HEMOC nurses waiting for us upstairs when we came to the adolescents floor. One thing is for sure- our rooms keep getting bigger. haha
Here's to hoping for home tomorrow. Ethan wants to be home. I want to be home. My back wants to be in a real bed. Cora NEEDS us all home. Tomorrow. Please let it be tomorrow.







No comments:
Post a Comment
It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺