Friday, September 23, 2011

My Baby Sister Got Married!

A week ago today, my baby sister Kamrin married her hero.

kam7

I was blessed enough to be able to attend thanks to the generosity of my parents.  While I don't live in California any longer, I have watched Kamrin and Kyle's love grow over the past few years from the beginning phone calls, the young love pictures, and just seeing them together during visits here or while in California.  When Kyle proposed, Kamrin called me even though it was late and knew I was in bed because she didn't want me to find out via Facebook the next morning.

Kamrin and I have always been close even with the age difference of 9 years.  We try to talk on the phone every week, if not multiple times per week.  We skype.  We text.  We share.  We LAUGH.  We laugh A LOT.

On Friday, September 16th, 2011 my baby sister married her love.  

I was in charge of my niece, Eryleigh.  She was one of the flower girls and she stayed at with me at my friend Elvira's home the night before.  It was a great bonding time for me and Eryleigh.  She makes me laugh, too.  I had to get her to the wedding venue early so I could begin working on her hair and getting her dressed.  I had done a practice run on her hair the weekend prior, but on the day of the wedding her hair was not cooperating like I wanted.  Eryleigh was a champ and did a fabulous job while Auntie tried to reach for wedding day flower girl perfection.  {For the record, her hair looked cute but far from perfection}

Because I was getting Eryleigh ready at the venue, I was also there as Kamrin was getting ready.  I did my best to stay focused on Eryleigh instead of Kamrin because I couldn't slow down to cry.  Every glance I took, Kamrin became even more beautiful than the previous glance.  I knew that Kyle was going to be in awe of his bride.

The weather was hot that day, but by the time Kamrin walked down that isle everything was perfect.  My Dad held it together, barely.  You could see the tears welling up in his eyes as he was about to give his baby girl away.  Luckily for Kyle, my parents think he's pretty awesome {which he is!}.

The ceremony was short, sweet, and just lovely.  My sister was stunningly radiant and her groom was exceedingly handsome.  I am not sure if I have ever seen such a calm bride in my life. 

The reception was also fabulous.  Great fun, with yummy food (oh.my.gosh...the potatoes!!!), wine, and dancing.  LOTS of dancing!  : )  Of course, I don't think that I want to see the dancing candids that the photographer took!  I'm thinking sweaty and in-motion is not a good look for many!  Haha...

My best friend, Angela, was my date.  She drove up from LA in record time in order to attend the wedding with me.  She was the best date a girl could ask for!  Thank you SO much, Ang, for being there for me when my boys couldn't.  I love you!

kam10

No honeymoon for the newlyweds quite yet- maybe a trip in the Spring.  I'm not-so-secretly hoping for a layover in Charlotte.  {Are you listening, Kyle? ; ) }

Dear Kamrin and Kyle,
I am beyond happy for you both!  You have an amazing love for each other and we all can see it.  We all love you and support you.  We will always be there for you whenever you need!  Take Kim's column advice and don't stop kissing.  Be each other's rocks and #1 fan.  Speak one another's love language constantly and keep that love cup filled.  Listen.  Communicate.  Communicate and listen.  Laugh and laugh together.  Never underestimate the "little things".  And, last but not least...visit your sister in NC.  ; )
All my love, always ~ Kristen

kam1kam2
 With my beautiful sister before the ceremony
 kam3 
Eryleigh as she watched Aunt Kamrin walk down the aisle

 kam4
Daddy about to give his Baby Girl away  {Look at that sparkle in her eye as she looks at her Groom}

kam5
My nephew, Kristopher, as ring bearer.  He is so flipping cute!

kam6
You may now kiss your bride...

kam8
My brother, Kolt and his son, Kristopher...oh, so handsome!!!

kam9
The goofy couple as we know them best.  

Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Kyle Turner!!!

♥♥♥




3 comments:

  1. Mommy~2:21 PM

    I shouldn't have looked at this while at work! Tears that didn't get to flow for some odd reason are able to flow now! Waaah!!!! My baby girl is now a married woman and will probably by this time next year be telling me she and Kyle will be with child. More babies to love!!!! I love you all!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! So sweet. We are a blessed family, for sure.

    Great pics. Oh wait, I took them. Of course, they're great! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted first and I just noticed it's not here. I remember it was heartfelt but not much else. Love you Sista. So glad you were there and thankful for all your help. I'm lucky to have such a lovingly supportive fam <3

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺