Today, I had to make a very difficult choice. And, after I tell you what choice I had to make, I am sure that you will agree that it would be hard for anybody to choose.
This morning, I had the pleasure of going to church with my friend Nancy. Just me and her. Ethan and Scott stayed home. Once I got home and had lunch, I either had to tackle the laundry oorrrrrrrrrr grab a pillow and a few blankets, along with my favorite son and head outside onto the hammock for the best time of snuggles and Sunday nap. SUCH.A.HARD.DECISON.
It was a little cooler today than yesterday, but it made it so that Ethan cuddled up to me really close. I had my forehead to his and I thought of how peaceful it was to be outside without phone, tv, or internet, and to hear the birds chirping, and to open my eyes to watch the clouds drift by.
I ended up not sleeping much at all. I ended up staring at my beautiful son sleep. I listened to his precious "sleepy" talk and wondered what he was dreaming. I looked at the peach fuzz on his face as the wind blew across his handsome face. I watched his long eyelashes flicker as he dreamt. I watched his body rise and fall with each inhale and exhale of breath. I watched in amazement of this amazing creation that I brought into this world.
As I reflected upon his complete and total perfection, my heart was sad for all of the uneducated people who would choose to NOT bring a child like Ethan into this world because of fear of the unknown or fear of not being normal or perfect. He is the most precious gift that Scott and I have to date. I hope that people who know us or meet us know that.
So, today I had to make the {obviously} simple choice to let the laundry wait another day in order for me to have one on one time with my boy and all of his perfection. Gosh, I hope that I have to face that choice again soon.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Choices
at
9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







You made the best choice EVER!!!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteI can feel the love and the joy in that moment from here, almost felt the sun and heard the birds. Beautiful. No amount of laundry is worth missing out on that.
ReplyDelete