Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ethan and pneumonia + a journal

Ethan has been in the hospital since Monday with pneumonia. He is having trouble keeping his oxygen levels up about 90%. He has a nasal canula at 3mL and blow-by with full force oxygen. Today, he is having an upper GI to see if he has any intestinal blockage and how far up he is refluxing. It's never-ending with Ethan, but he's still smiling which makes us know that it will all be ok.

Tommy Holt
Last week God got another angel. Tommy Holt. What a sweet boy Tommy always was and what a sweet and respectable young man he became. I have to be selfish here and think that he would have continued to bring smiles to so many people if he were still here. It is just so unfair that his little boy will not grow up with his daddy. I have had a hard time coming to the realization that it was Tommy in that accident. Maybe it is because I am not there to feel the pain so close up. I am hurting over here in NC, let me tell you. I have grown up with the Holt's and even though I haven't talked to them in a few years since I moved, I will always think of them as family and I love them dearly.

My heart aches for Vicki, Jonny, and Billy. The bond that they all have- especially after losing Bobby is one that is admired. It's times like this that I just want to be home. I asked Kamrin to be sure to pass along my condolences to the family and to sign the guestbook for me. I know that she will do that for me.

So, if Vicki, Jonny, Billy, Tennille, or Karrie ever read this- I am so sorry for the loss of Tommy. The last time that I was able to go to Mammoth Pools, Tommy took me out on the boat. One of my most favorite places to be is out on the lake in that boat. To grow up with Bobby driving us out and then the boys taking over all the way down to Tommy made my heart smile. The memories are sweet. I will never forget when Kim brought her friend Michelle Horseman to Mammoth and Tommy had such a crush on her. It was the cutest thing ever. Good times. I love you guys, and as you already know- Tommy will be missed terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to "FEEL THE LOVE" ♥♥♥, leave a comment ☺